Welcome to Envset - Be colorful with us

Other Recent Articles

Great, Now Debian Running On Windows Mobile

Share

By Envset on Jumat, 18 Juni 2010 with 0 comments
Review envset.blogspot.com on alexa.com

Debian
vacuum after a few days to find everything related to windows mobile, I find the article now if  Debian running on Windows Mobile. wow very interesting, so I decided I'd share [the instructions] are relatively easy. First, though, to run Debian on Windows Mobile at least the hardware is ...

* X11 is working quite nicely. 480x640 resolution is best for using E17.
* I'm trying to think up a solution for the 3D accelerator. LLVMpipe works but it's not much faster than classic Mesa. Maybe that's because I'm only testing performance with Mupen64Plus and SuperTux :P Ideally we would have an open-source OpenGL ES 1.0 driver with an OpenGL 1.3 wrapper/Gallium state tracker, but unfortunately Qualcomm closed it :(
* The hardware buttons don't generate input events (except the power button, which apparently makes SDL windows fullscreen).
* USB function ether works. This means you can SSH into it or update packages without a data connection (I don't think data even works).
* Sound doesn't work because Android doesn't use ALSA - or maybe because DZO hasn't written the proper driver...
* Camera(s) would need a Video4Linux driver; again, not my area :P
* Bluetooth is untested.
* GPS needs userspace work (gpsd?) - maybe the HTC Dream page at HTC-Linux.org has info...
* Calling - untested because: 1) I doesn't got the software, and 2) even if it worked, I have no one to call :P

for more information you can get on xda-developer, and you can to try this...happy tweaking guys

Category: Windows Mobile

POST COMMENT

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Facebook Fan Envset